Quotes

Friday, January 2, 2009

Book Review- Kitchen Confidential- Anthony Bourdain

Kitchen Confidential: Adventures in the Culinary Underbelly (updated edition)


I will be the first to admit that I have a slight crush on Anthony Bourdain. I don't want to sleep with him but I would love to hang out with him. This book was full of interesting and funny stories, life lessons and passion. You can tell Anthony Bourdain loves his life and it translates on the page.

I only give it a four star rating because though the reader was fully warned at the beginning of the book, I wasn't prepared entirely for all of the Kitchen Jargon and constant use of that vernacular.

However, all in all, it makes me see the restaurant world a bit differently and I thank this book for opening my eyes.


I know never to piss of a waiter or a chef, I have always said please and thank you when ordering and I'm right to do so, NEVER eat Fish on Monday, always check out the bathrooms and don't be afraid of the bread.

All in all, this book is a celebration of the life of a chef, a line cook, a sous chef, a porter, a grillman and all those that inhabit the kitchen to bring you good food because cooking is in their veins.

Thanks to all those slaving, sweating, swearing, bleeding and generally busting their asses in the kitchen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Rotation