Quotes

Thursday, April 1, 2010

Oh Yeah - bum bum

Just in time for Easter, this is the chocolate edition of best candy imo.


As a child we didn't have a lot of money so candy wasn't exactly something that was available all of the time. Chocolate was even rarer (not to make it sound like I lived during the Great Depression and we were rationed) but we had cookies and my mother would try to bake -- needless to say, when I got candy it was like living the high life (so much as any young child could ever really live the high life).


The first candy on this list is a beloved favorite even know. At one point it had the tag line, "Two for me, none for you" - which really just encouraged selfishness. Anyway, my favorite commercial was the below.




8 Twix





I can distinctly remember watching this right after 21 Jump Street, because as a three year old, about to turn four, that show was incredibly appropriate :). I also remember having a huge crush on Mr. Depp and the Asian guy whose name I can, regrettably, no longer recall -- /edit - it's Dustin Nguyen. Ah hell yeah.


cb00acad.jpg Dustin Nguyen image by DTrent http://www.radiotimes.com/content/features/galleries/johnny-depp/02/mainImage.jpg



9. M&Ms

Does anyone remember when m&m's weren't the color of rainbows? Before there were purple and blue there was  dark brown and light brown. Affectionately referred to as the shit colors. 


I have a few picture of me as a young child eating the regular m&m's and boy oh boy, I was an adorable kid.

Anyway, it wasn't until I was much older did I start loving the peanut m&ms.

10. Snickers

http://mmemes.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/picture-21.png 
 This wrapper, found on the internet courtesty of mmemes.com , was advised to be sold a month after my birthday. I always thought this was the healthiest of the candy bars and in light of recent Snicker's campaigns where they suggest you eat this instead of a meal, one could see why. Although, best Snicker commercial ever is the recent one from Superbowl 2010. The one with Betty White. Ah hell yeah. 

I love that woman.




http://meggitymegs.files.wordpress.com/2009/07/hershey-reeses-pieces1.jpg
11. Reese's Pieces  


I will be honest, I think a lot of my love for this candy came because my mother's nickname for me at the time was Reesie. Now, I was about three or four and didn't see my mother very often, so this is more of a sentimental choice than a taste choice - although they tasted pretty damn good.


I understand now that some frakkin alien by the name of ET loved them but you know what?  I didn't know that then and when I did finally see E.T when I was like 5 and someone had a VHS, I didn't really like it. Boring as all hell. Now, if someone had popped in a tape of The Little Mermaid or Miami Vice I would've been down for that.


I believe these little candy pieces are the gateway drug to the Reese's Pieces Peanut Butter Cups. A sort of pot to the RPPB's heroin.


That's right, I said it. I'm so excited.....I'm sooo scared.




12 PEZ


http://www.candyfavorites.com/pi/pez-refill1.jpgThis is clearly not a chocolate bar but I loved Pez as a kid. It was a perfect combination of a chocking hazard and a toy. The candy tasted amazing as a child but now you can clearly taste the red #40 that was put into the candy. The best part was the character head that dispensed the pez.


It's actually a pretty weird toy/candy. In fact it's the only popular candy I can think of that encourages the decapitation of a person/animal/fictional character for the promise of sweet sweet salvation candy.








13. Reese's Pieces Peanut Cups
http://www.twilightguy.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/800px-reeses_peanut_butter_cups.jpg 

The crack to end all crack.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Rotation