Quotes

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Pray for my little toy gun


And let me be the first to announce that I finished chapter 2 in my 'zombie' story! I still chuckle when I say zombie story...lol.

Ok sorry. Anyway, things are progressing nicely in that sense. The chapter may have ended abruptly but those are things that can be fixed post-writing and therefore not something I need to worry about right now.

Huzzah!


And now to celebrate - here is a recent book review from me to you.




Truly a strangely beautiful tale.

I couldn't put the book down and read it in one day. I squee'd at the end of it.

Love, honor, betrayal, confusion, myth and passion are all themes in this book.

We follow Percy, who is an outsider in both worlds, and the Guard who is set upon this Earth to protect the innocent. Their paths intermingle and wind together and at the heart of this story is love and trusting one's own heart.

Percy is the beautiful ugly duckling and Alexi is the tortured brooding Gothic hero. Perfect opposites of each other and both see something in the other that completes them. Is it fate or can love transcend even that?

The author delightfully borrows from "Beauty and the Beast", Greek Myths and "The Little Mermaid" (you'll see what I mean when you meet a character who is excellent with disguise ala the Sea Witch) and weaves them all together with history, mystery and romance.

It's a must read

No comments:

Post a Comment

Rotation